[ale] OT: what about the free and open work market?

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Sep 11 15:13:14 EDT 2003

George Carless wrote:
> To just correct myself: this is, as usual, more a case of stupid
> editorialism on /. than of a stupid article.  The key point was that the
> individual tried to find employment with an Indian company with offices in
> the US, and that they wouldn't employ him because they don't hire
> Americans.  Which is rather daft.
>
> But the Slashdot editorial was shoddy and alarmist.  Which is no real
> surprise, since most of its editors are evidently morons.

Regardless, I realize the point of the /. post was emphasizing the "you
can't work in India' verses the actual content of the article.  Point
is, this is not the first I've heard of this.

As far as I'm concerned, if the India companies aren't permitted to hire
american workers, that's no different then forbidding offshoring hear in
the states.

It's gotta work both ways.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...