[ale] Forcing Apache To Dump Core

matty91 at bellsouth.net matty91 at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 10 16:19:03 EDT 2003

Howdy,

I am using Apache 1.3.27 with Redhat 7.3, and for some reason apache
hangs every 4 - 5 days. I thought that "CoreDumpDirectory" not being set
was causing me to lose core files, but this isn't the case. I have
tried sending SIGSEGV to the httpd processes, and attempted to attach to
the child proceses with gdb (all have proven fruitless :( ). Anyone
know of any other mechanisms available to debug apache? I would love to
get a stack backtrace to figure out _WHERE_ apache keeps hanging.
Hopefully someone has run into this or similar issues before.

Thanks,
- Ryan