[ale] Opinions on registrars...

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Mon Sep 1 21:10:43 EDT 2003

Well, while I'm not an expert,but I think it comes down to confidence and
reliability.  Most people would bet that godaddy.com has a greater chance of
going out of business than Verisign (Network Solutions).  I have no idea as
the exact consequences of your registrar going out of business, but I don't
think it would be a good thing.  OTOH, if Verisign fails, the whole internet
is probably screwed ...

Personally, I'm looking to leave register.com, and go with a lesser priced
one, but I'm not going to go the bottom of the barrel.  I'm thinking
dotster.com, and would love to hear any experiences others have had with
them.

David Corbin <dcorbin at machturtle.com>