[ale] www photo archive

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Nov 26 07:54:43 EST 2003

Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I spent the evening checking out various photo/image archiving
> solutions on freshmeat.net.  Needless to say, I am burned out.  ;)
> There are simply too many choices and not enough satisfaction.  I am
> looking for a simple script/tool that takes existing directories of
> jpeg files and creates thumbnails and a index.html file for each.
> Can anyone recommend a good program?

I threw together a perl script that does something similar.  You can
view the results at:

http://www.3times25.net/lucy/gallery/

It generates the html as well as the thumbnails.  I would doubt it's any
better then anything you'd find at freshmeat, but you're welcome to it
if you'd like.  It resizes the images for display on the webpage so you
might want to change that if you don't want it to do that.  It does
retain the original images intact.

Currently it only operates on file names passed on the command line
though, not directories:

makewebpics *.jpg

requires perl and imagemagic.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net