[ale] Debian Sarge help requested - firewall and apt-get

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Wed Nov 26 04:27:52 EST 2003

On Monday 24 November 2003 11:38, Jason Day wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 12:49:45PM -0500, Jim Seymour wrote:
> > Also what about the non-us line in the sources list?  Why do I need
> > it?
>
> I can't remember what the non-US distribution includes.  I think it was
> originally for export-controlled software like crypto, so they just put
> the servers in another country.  I'm not sure what it's used for now,
> and the recent break-in has made it hard to research.

Thanks Jason,

I was wondering if anyone else was still having problems moving around at
debian.org.  The most recent updates I applied killed my fetchmail daemon.
Maybe it was the new iptables release.  I will be glad when everything is
back to normal and I can research various problems.

Later,
Jim Seymour