[ale] OT: MicroCenter Rebates

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Fri Nov 21 13:03:38 EST 2003

On Thu, Nov 20, 2003 at 05:48:18PM -0500, Christopher Fowler wrote:

> In July I purchased a few products from MicroCenter that were on rebate.
> As a smart individual I had the forms delivered by Certified mail.  That
> was 8/26.  I've yeat recevied my rebates.  Has anyone here been ripped off
> by the MC rebates?

All of the very generous rebates I asked for on products purchased at
MicroCenter were paid on time.  On the other hand ViewSonic cheated me
out of a $50 rebate on a Best Buy purchase.

Since MicroCenter is a reputable company, you might try phoning the manager
and asking for his help.  Technically, the manufacturer (offering the
rebate) has liability so you might then contact it, threatening a complaint
with the Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.org).  If you don't get your
money, file with BBB.

If it's within 60 days of the credit card statement (guess why they always
say "takes up to about 60 days to process"), you can take the merchandise
back to the store and demand a full refund and file a complaint with your
bank if they don't.

This is the sort of sleaze that a non-corrupt Federal Trade Commission would
fix.  Oh, was that my "out loud" voice.

> Chris

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]