[ale] OT: Bank of America

George Johnson gljay at netzero.net
Thu Nov 20 05:00:30 EST 2003

Jim Philips wrote:

>Thanks for all the replies. My current bank is a little too fee-happy and BofA
>offers a much better deal for people like me who rarely need the humans at
>the bank.

My brother is a CPA for the company that makes the photos for Cabellas
catalog.  BofA is one of the banks that he refuses to use.  He just
moved the funds from one of those banks with "trust" in its name and
saved the company 5 figures a year in charges.  I know Clark Howard has
mentioned BofA by name in a negative way many times.  He and others that
are interested in comsumers get a good deal suggest small banks.  Many
of these smaller banks still offer free checking etc.  Besides you are
more likely to get better service in other areas there too.  I am making
the move away from BofA very soon.

And yes, Mozilla works with their on line banking just fine.  I use it
now.  I am looking for a small bank that has online banking too so I can
continue that service when I move my funds.

As it goes with BofA moving jobs to India, I have given up working in
the computer field because of it.  I am getting into real estate.  I
figure, what do I have to lose.  I have gotten fed up with the layoffs.
It is not going to happen to me again if I have anything to say about
it.  I guess my Linux usage will just be a hobby from now on, which is
where my love of computers got its start.

gj