[ale] OT: Bank of America

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Wed Nov 19 23:56:02 EST 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 08:05:35PM -0500, Jim Philips wrote:
> Thanks for all the replies. My current bank is a little too fee-happy and BofA
> offers a much better deal for people like me who rarely need the humans at
> the bank.
B of A generally is considered so-so.

I am VERY happy with RBC Centura Bank.  They have offices around Atlanta,
the Centura subsidiary is in North Carolina.  The parent bank, RBC, is
Royal Bank of Canada.  They have given me nothing but the very best service
and it's the first bank I've ever liked.

There software was developed and is maintained in Atlanta and runs under
an multilevel security Unix system similar in design to the NSA version
of Linux.  I helped design bothe the secure Unix kernel and the banking
software.

It runs under Netscrape 4 and 6 but won't let me log in under Opera.

Regarding outsourcing American jobs, I suggest taking one's business
elsewhere when companies outsource to India or the former Soviet Union.
(Canada is practically our 51st state anyway.)

I'd simply ask the support person what country he is in.  If he gives
some BS answer like "we're not allowed to say" you can be sure it isn't
in the U.S.  The job you save may be your own.

HP, M$, and IBM are some of the largest "computer companies" with the largest
outsourcing policies.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]