[ale] OT: Bank of America

matty91 at bellsouth.net matty91 at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 19 20:04:04 EST 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Geoffrey wrote:

> matty91 at bellsouth.net wrote:
> > I sent a message into customer service expressing my distaste for the
> >  sourcing jobs overseas. It most likely won't help, but at least I
> > have done my part! Has anyone thought of the possibility of overseas
> > call center employees abusing customer data? If a call center
> > employee in India "donates" someones bank numbers, what mechanisms
> > are in place to prosecure that individual (since he doesn't live
> > within the USA)?
>
> This has already happened.  I can't remember where I read it, but this
> exact scenario and it was causing problems because the criminal was
> overseas.

Anyone know if there are ways to get call center employees to admit where
they reside? I am curious if there is a known trusted way to determine
this? I usually ask where they live, sites around that city, which
usbburb they live in, etc. etc. I have heard that a lot of call center
personel are trained how to answer these types of things, but thought
folks might have some ideas.