[ale] OT: Bank of America

matty91 at bellsouth.net matty91 at bellsouth.net
Wed Nov 19 19:51:55 EST 2003

I sent a message into customer service expressing my distaste for the
sourcing jobs overseas. It most likely won't help, but at least I have
done my part! Has anyone thought of the possibility of overseas call
center employees abusing customer data? If a call center employee in India
"donates" someones bank numbers, what mechanisms are in place to
prosecure that individual (since he doesn't live within the USA)? When I
talk to ppl on the phone, I ask if they are located on American soil.
When they say "Yes," I have started to note that their reply has been
recorded, and that I will only interface with employees on american soil.
Anyone else taking preventive measures? I may be paranoid, but I would
*think* it is easier to prosecute (if the infraction warrants prosecution)
devious ppl if they live on american soil.