[ale] gostscript question

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Nov 17 10:49:05 EST 2003

Dow Hurst wrote:

> ALE'rs, I don't have a full featured SuSE 8.2 installed right now to
> look at the hylafax and gs commands as setup for faxing under SuSE.
> Does anyone have both installed and would be willing to check out the
> normal chain of file flow thru the programs and /var/spool directories?
> I'd like to be able to get Walter to list for us the right spool
> directory.  Thanks,

I've got 8.2 on this box right now.  I don't have the fax stuff
installed, but will do it shortly and get back to you.  (I hope it
doesn't screw up my current fax setup. ;) )

Newly updated/created directories under /var/spool:

drwxrwxrwt    2 root     root           72 2003-11-17 10:46 uucppublic
drwxr-xr-x   18 root     root          480 2003-11-17 10:46 .
drwxr-xr-x   17 uucp     uucp          464 2003-11-17 10:46 fax
drwxrwxrwt    2 root     root           96 2003-11-17 10:46 mail

Not sure why it needs uucp???  To the docs!!

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net