[ale] [Fwd: FW: [EmperorLinux-os-RedHat] do not use : GLIBC update packages (from Red Hat Network)]

Doug McNash dmcnash at charter.net
Fri Nov 14 10:06:51 EST 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:36:38 -0500 (EST)
  Bjorn Dittmer-Roche <dittmeb at mail.rockefeller.edu>
wrote:
>On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Bjorn Dittmer-Roche wrote:
>

>Er, I should say, it SOUNDS like a threading thing.... On
>second look it
>appears a few other things are messed up too, but not
>things used by every
>ap.

The original note seemed to indicate that it broke rpm
immediatly which is what I used to test.  I have not
rebooted or logged out of gnome even, yet, and don't
intend too anytime soon.

I am not sure how shared libraries are handled on linux
after an update.  I would assume the old glibc.so is still
incore and that is what I am using.  I could be wrong.  So
I might only see a problem after I reboot.

--
Doug McNash <dmcnash at yahoo.com>