[ale] OT Laptop pref

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 14 00:16:38 EST 2003

> I would like to point out that this months Linux Journal has the latest
> "Ultimate Linux Box" article. The hardware was provided by Monarch
> Computer. It is just about the same Opteron box I built several months
> ago. It still has no non-beta OS on it as RedHat WS 3 will cost $800,
> Suse 9 Pro will only cost $119 and I haven't built the setup yet for
> Fedora. Debian is not an option as they still aren't ready. Gee, I can
> save how much?

you  can save a lot!!! GENTOO! gentoo.org has the best linux ive seen
compiled on your os managed wonderfully i mean this is debian at its best!
imagine debian keeping up with new technologies and adding LOTS of
features to its apt-get tool! throw it settings to compile all packages
you dl and you get the fastest possibly os youve ever seen! and whats
this? it installs from a 16 meg free dl cd! hmm requires a good connection
tho seeing how with dsl and a 1.4 ghz thunderbird i spend 2-4 hours making
the desktop from scratch.... need to do it again soon too now that my
win2k class is over and i no longer need this suckie os ;)

=====
**  computers are a lot like air conditioners, they stop working properly once you open windows **