[ale] Small sexy laptop lovers

Frank Z. fzamenski at voyager.net
Thu Nov 13 20:00:05 EST 2003

> This message (including any attachments) contains          *
> confidential information intended for a specific individual*
> and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the  *
> intended recipient, you should delete this message and are *
> hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution *
> of this message, or the taking of any action based on it,  *
> is strictly prohibited.                                    *
>
> As I read this, I got all the thrill of committing a crime. Is
anybody coming
> after me?

I get the same cheap thrill. ;) And being a cheap-thrills seeker, I
REFUSE to delete the message, so come and get me! ;)

These stupid things sound totally unenforceable, kind of like 'do not
remove this tag under penalty of law' (although I note that those
ridiculous warning tags have now been modified to exclude the consumer
that purchased the item the dumb tag is attached to).

IANAL (and I'd kill myself if I was :), but as I see it, anyone stupid
enough to send sensative information unencrypted by email, with or
without an equally stupid warning tag, the warning of which seems to be
intended to absolve them of any responsibility for being stupid and/or
lazy in the first place, deserves to see the sensitive information
plastered all over the internet.