[ale] Gnome2/Nautilus Desktop Menu?

Mike Murphy mike at tyderia.net
Thu Nov 13 13:44:11 EST 2003

a useful desktop menu is a must, but I started mucking again with gnome
after I discovered that its got one of the smarter panel implementations
out there (I love the custom size/custom position panels). The window
list applet in gnome is nice too. Add to that lots and lots of nice
themes, and on the whole its a pretty good package.

xfce4 was pretty close to what I wanted, but its panel has a long way to
go. Others I've liked but that haven't quite fit for me are AfterStep
and iceWM. Most of the geekier WMs are nice enough for incidental work
(for instance, the MP3 server at home has good ol' TWM on it), but at
work, I want a little more eye candy and usability. Right now the only
thing I haven't been able to do in gnome2 is configure the desktop menu.

Mike

--

Mike Murphy
Email: mike at tyderia.net