[ale] Debian install on IBM R40 :(

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Mon Nov 10 12:21:02 EST 2003

> Being Debian to the bone I have installed unstable on my new IBM R40
ThinkPad.
> I used new "sarge" netinst cd ...

i had heard they were still working on the install, but things were
progressing nicely.  whatever the case, it will be fixed by the time Sarge
goes stable.  have you listed this in #debian?

were it me, i would install stable and once things were like i like 'em, i
would change the apt sources and do a dist-upgrade to unstable.

admittedly, there is a reason it is called "unstable" (and "testing" can be
like running nekkid through a briar patch)...

sounds like a fun project.  hope to have more time to do those (fun
projects) in the near future.

preston