[ale] Question for Debian users

Bjorn Dittmer-Roche dittmeb at mail.rockefeller.edu
Mon Nov 10 09:58:27 EST 2003

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003, Grady Harris wrote:

> For those of us who are less than adept, I would like to mention that there is a
> guide to installing Debian which got me through it on the first try. Did it
> again a few more times that week to make sure that wasn't a fluke:
> "The Very Verbose Debian 3.0 Installation Walkthrough".
>
> http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=2016
>
> Grady Harris

Much as I love Debian ( I *LOVE* DEBIAN!!) Installation has always been a
problem for me. I still can't get X working on my dell laptop. I even
copied working config files from RH and knoppix which both ran fine on
that machine! So a warning: Debian does not install as well as some other
distros. I still love it. (Once installed, everything works. It will
spoil you forever.)

Anyway, next time I try it I will definately check this site out. Thanks
Grady!!!

A word of advice: Once you switch to testing or unstable it is hard to go
back to stable.

	bjorn