[ale] Laptop hardware (power) questions

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 9 19:46:52 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geoffrey" <esoteric at 3times25.net>
To: "Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts" <ale at ale.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2003 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: [ale] Laptop hardware (power) questions

> James P. Kinney III wrote:
> > That sounds like a charger issue to me. When it is plugged in, it
> > disconnects the battery (or it's supposed to) and set up the charging
> > circuit. See what happens with the charger plugged into the laptop but
> > not plugged into the wall. If it works OK until the charger is plugged
> > into the wall, get a charger.
>
> Also see what it does if you try to power it up with the AC connected
> and the battery pulled out.

Thanks James and Geoffrey. I picked up a new power adapter (or whatever it's
called) and the laptop is running ine. Battery is charging, screen is not
blinking, it's not rapidly cyclin between wall power and battery power.

I don't like the power kit I got, it's universal and comes with different
tips for different laptops. I'll order factory direct and return what I
picked up today. But it did show where the problem was!