[ale] network disconnect

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun Nov 9 01:31:59 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-11-08 at 22:41, Robert Coggins wrote:
> The router is fine.  I switched the port on it.  The other systems are
> working fine also.  The cable is also varified fine.  The nic card is
> integrated onto a soyo kt-400 sysbrd.  This is baffling me.  I hope my
> nic is not going bad.  Do any of you know anything about this sysbrd?
I have had a problem with a NIC on the PCI-bus on a Soyo motherboard. It
was intermittent and VERY frustrating. Under load, the NIC would lock up
and the box would hang it keyboard and mouse. If I had a remote shell
open  into the box from the second NIC I could restart the box.
Restarting networking and unloading drivers did not work. I used 3
different NIC, 2-3Com and a RealTek. Only the motherboard NIC would keep
working.
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>