[ale] OT: 64 bit laptops

Stephen Turner artic_knight at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 19:22:16 EST 2003

well im odd in the respects that i like to underclock cpu's :D i do it to
cool them but still, for instance my 1.4 ghz athlon is running at 1.0 not
by choice but because i havent found a safe way to underclock it (other
than use the fsb jumper) since my bios dont seem to support that and the
updates dont give much hope (cheep ecs board) but if i had the laptop i
would try to underclock it by .2 ghz to hopefully cool it to a good degree
:D but modding aside i heard that the g4 was as fast as a 4ghz p4
(theoretical) but recently found articles speaking of thier "cheats" to
make them seem faster when they arent. however it did show that the amd64
is %50 faster than the g5. if this is true >:). anyways im looking for a
beast of a laptop hopefully with a decent or better battery life but a
beast most importantly ..

--- "James P. Kinney III" <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com> wrote:
> I've seen hints of an AMD64 laptop but I have yet to see one. It would
> be pretty cool to have one. But I bet it would need a long power cord!
> My Opteron system is rather warm and each cpu has a LARGE heat sink and
> fan.

=====
**  computers are a lot like air conditioners, they stop working properly once you open windows **