[ale] Bellsouth SMTP Relay - using Exim (solved w/ Exim4)

BruceG griffisb at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 7 14:14:49 EST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "BruceG" <griffisb at bellsouth.net>
To: <ale at ale.org>
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2003 8:36 AM
Subject: [ale] Bellsouth SMTP Relay - using Exim

> Hey all,
>
>       I read through the information in the archives about configuring
> Sendmail to use BellSouth as a smarthost. I'm new at this - and have not
> been using Bellsouth smarthost. Just sending and working, but since I'm on
> dynamic IP address, Yahoo and Hotmail pop me into Spam folders.
>
>       How do you configure Exim to relay through Bellsouth smarthost? I am
> reading docs, but if anyone has an answer - it sure would help!
>
> Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I was messing with Exim3 at the time, so the reply
popped into the wrong mailbox - but it was there! Anyway, I upgraded from
Exim3 to Exim4 and selected smarthost. It just works! I did have to edit my
config file to follow Maildir format, but that's fine.

Now to figure out AntiVirus.