[ale] Performance

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Fri Nov 7 13:49:51 EST 2003

OK, I read you - but regarding the "disk IO on all the small files," is
this mostly a read operation or a write operation?  Reason I ask, how
would it be to leave at least the reading coming from disks on the
individual Mosix nodes, from kernel trees set up via rsync ahead of
time?

When you did this, how did you establish the shared cluster file space?
NFS?  Mosix File System (something I need to look into again - it's been
a while)?

- Jeff

Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at comcast.net>