[ale] Fedora and RHN?

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Nov 7 09:59:19 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-11-07 at 09:52, Geoffrey wrote:
> walter Sams wrote:
> > Thank you for yoru reply, looks like you actually have an idea as to
> > what needs to be done.
>
> Yeah, BTDT..  The dual boot upgrade/install is the way I generally
> update my existing boxes.  My primary box was upgraded in this fashion
> from SuSE 8.1 to SuSE 8.2.  I've just installed SuSE 9.0 on my laptop,
> thus it's a tri-boot with SuSE 9.0, RH 7.3 and the Xtremely Potent
> variant of the Microsoft virus.

On laptops I generally use BBC and dd the entire disk over net.  If
I ever need to read it, I'll just use losetup and mount the image file.

On PC's I generally install fresh on a clean hdd.  I still have the
old on one the box. I used to try and back them up but my time was
more valuable than the cost of a drive.