[ale] Fedora and RHN?

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Nov 6 17:54:07 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 17:39, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 16:48, Christopher Fowler wrote:
> > Where is he value add for he AMD64 version?  I see no difference between
> > it and standard.
> No kidding. The AMD64 version is $2000. It only comes with support. The
> Basic version (no support) is not an option. If the no support option
> was available for all 3 versions (WS, ES, AS) and upgrades to the
> supported versions were on an annual fee basis, I, and many others would
> be much happier.

This is where I get a little upset about them  If they were adding value
for the price hike I can understand.  But it seems they are just
charging more because people are more willing to spend more on bleeding
edge technology.

I do not plan on going AMD64 until Linux does. I do not know enough
about the AMD64 to know if it *truly* makes a difference.

Chris