[ale] Fedora and RHN?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Nov 6 16:32:56 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-11-06 at 16:15, Michael D. Hirsch wrote:

> I think that RH has shot itself in the foot.

That pretty well sums it up right there.  The top brass at RedHat is no
longer composed of techs. It is now composed of business dweebs who look
at "bottom line" and don't see how "community" fits into it.
I do have a clients willing to shell out the $179 to buy RedHat. But
they want it for all 10 machines. They will not shell out $2k for server
features. They have been paying for the RHN updates because it is a good
thing to have.

Most of my clients are _really_ grumbly about the server support license
fees. As I am. That is MY job. I want to pay them for the packaging and
testing and updates. I want to get paid to support the end client and
their customization needs. I can't find what the support package does.

I am waiting to see what rolls around now that RedHat is crippled and
Suse is going under the wing of one of the biggest proponents of
proprietary software after Microsoft, Sun and Oracle.
http://www.localnetsolutions.com

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>