[ale] Fedora and RHN?

Andrew Newton andy at hxr.us
Thu Nov 6 06:14:03 EST 2003

Christopher Fowler wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 09:58:37PM -0500, Kevin Krumwiede wrote:
>
>>One thing I haven't seen clarified anywhere is the "migration path" for home users like myself who have paid for and rely on RHN for updates.  Anybody know if that service will be included/available with Fedora?
>

> RH 9 will be supported until 12/04.  After then you are SOL.
>
> Should I consider the Fedora 1 core an upgrade over RH 9?

Having switched from Mandrake to RedHat a year ago and now finding RHL
going away, I'm fairly concerned about this too.

After reading the release notes for Fedora Core 1, upgrading from RHL 9
is supported.  For most desktop machines, the option for installing (vs.
upgrading) is usually viable.  However, for remote servers, the upgrade
path is usually the only way.

-andy