[ale] Lexmark Z12 & RH 9

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Tue Nov 4 23:33:36 EST 2003

My girlfriend's computer died a while back, and after much futzing around
on my part, I have assembled a replacement (and moved her over to Linux in
the process - so far so good). The challenge is getting the printer to
work...

I have the printer connected by USB, although I could switch to parallel
if that proves to be necessary. The printer is seen correctly by the USB
subsystem, or appears to be using usbview. RH's printer config tool claims
to know how to set up for the printer, but I have yet to get a test sheet
printed.

A google search hasn't shown anything usefull so far, and I'm not a
printer guru by a country mile plus. Anybody got a clue they want to
share??

Thanks in advance