[ale] OS ticket tracking and project tracking tools...

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Tue Nov 4 09:17:46 EST 2003

On Tuesday 04 November 2003 08:42 am, John Wells wrote:
> I'm searching for an open source ticket tracking or project
> management/tracking tool.  So far, I've reviewed MantisBT
> (http://mantisbt.sourceforge.net) and Request Tracker
> (http://www.bestpractical.com).
>
> While both are nice, I'd like to find some other options.  Anyone have a
> suggestion?

Just a report that our IT team here has just started using RT and they seem
pretty happy with it.  The install was non-trivial, but it looks pretty good.

For project mgmt as opposed to ticket tracking, there are a bunch of systems
on Freshmeat.  Most of them are web based, but there are a few like Mr
Project that are desktop apps.  (Whats the word for something that _isn't_
client server?)

Michael