[ale] any ALE members familiar with embedded linux?

Christopher Bergeron cbergeron at dashwerks.com
Wed Nov 5 16:54:41 EST 2003

If so, can I ask you a few questions about embedded linux systems and
how they differ from a normal linux kernel?

Specifically, I'm wondering about BlueCat and Embedix.... do they just
offer packages that let you trim stuff out of the kernel, or is there
more to embedded linux in general that I'm missing?  I don't necessarily
need real-time OS, but I'm moving into the embedded realm.

Are there any embedded-linux specific mailing lists of note that I
should join?

Thanks for any insights...
-CB