[ale] [Fwd: New users and laptops shaken, not stirred]

Matthew Magee mnmagee at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 3 20:58:27 EST 2003

I had to provide phone support for 30+ sales reps where I worked in Baltimore.
More than once, I had to get these people to send me the machines for repair,
only to find Napster or BonziBuddy installed.  Oh, and many questionable
pictures!  I usually just pulled the sales manager aside and showed him what
they had done.  Eventually, I convinced management to have ME approve any
software installed on a laptop no matter how trivial.  Shoulda' been done
from the get-go, but I really enjoyed my power by saying NO! to them! :-)

Why is it these users would never dream of digging around under the hood of
their cars, but insist on changing everything in their PC?