[ale] Mouse freezes in Gnome 2.2...

Keith Morris graphicsguy at attbi.com
Thu May 29 08:25:57 EDT 2003

I have a very generic installation of RedHat 9 that has the problem of
the mouse randomly freezing in X sessions. The X session doesn't freeze,
just the mouse.  I easily get the mouse back by doing a Ctrl+Alt+F1 to
switch to tty1 then Ctrl+Alt+F7 to return to the X session and my mouse
is back.

My mouse is a M$ intellimouse PS/2.  Also, I recently did a clean
install of RH9 because I began having the same problem in RH 8.  My work
around works, but it still VERY annoying.  I've checked all over google
with no luck.

I'd be very grateful for any insight anyone could offer.

Here is the relevant portion of my XF86Config file:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/psaux"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
	Option	    "Resolution" "600"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"

# If the normal CorePointer mouse is not a USB mouse then
# this input device can be used in AlwaysCore mode to let you
# also use USB mice at the same time.
	Identifier  "DevInputMice"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"