[ale] CD-RW recommendation

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Thu May 29 02:25:22 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 01:54, Fulton Green wrote:
> If anyone out there is looking for a cheap CD-RW drive, I'm pleased to
> report a favorable experience from an IDE-based CyberDrive 16x speed:
>
>    http://www.CyberDrive.com/products.asp?Product=CW038D

Wow! I just went and looked at it... It supports DAO, variable and fixed
packet reads/writes as well as CD-text. These are *remarkable* features
for an inexpensive writer. As a matter of fact, these are the things
that typically make or break the linux user experience regarding burning
cd's.

I'll bet in raw mode it will write at speeds greater than 20x!

Best

M. Dickens