[ale] New website for H1B [Slightly OT]

Joseph Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Wed May 28 13:57:49 EDT 2003

"ChangingLINKS.com" <x3 at ChangingLINKS.com> writes:

> On Wednesday 28 May 2003 10:18, F. Grant Robertson wrote:

[scissors of brevity]

> >  Drew, I find this quite insulting.
> I did not want it to be an insult. These were NOT rhetorical questions.
> However, your reaction here supports the statment that I made when I said "US
> programmers are less emotionally stable." If you asked me such questions
> about my marketing techniques, I would answer you. I can prove with detailed
> lists and case studies that my techniques are worth their commission. It is
> just part of doing business - or soliciting commission.
>
> > I don't have to prove *diddly* to you,
> > as there isn't a snowballs chance in hell I would *ever* try to get a
> > programming job from you.
> I would not hire you. You charge more, you have acted as a troll in the past,
> you are taking my questions as a personal attack instead of what they were
> meant for: discovery and learning.

I have avoided this thread like the plague so far, but I really feel
a need to say this:

Drew, as a disinterested observer, it looks to me like you have
repeatedly made statements in this thread that seem designed to
infuriate people, rather than to further any rational argument.  I
really couldn't care less about your business model or whom you hire
to do your coding, but *I* am starting to get annoyed not by your
arguments, but by your intensely grating and disrespectful way of
presenting them.  Above, you accuse Grant of being a troll, for
absolutely no reason as far as I can see. Whether they're true or not,
assertions like that *do not* help you make your point; rather,
they make you look like a twit.

That's all, carry on.

-- Joe
P.S. - I shan't post any further to this thread. I may even
quit reading it.