[ale] New website for H1B [Slightly OT]

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Wed May 28 15:31:30 EDT 2003

> Well, what kind of reply do you expect when you insult a whole class of
> people?  What would your reply be if I insulted you the way you insulted
> me?
I appologize if you felt insulted. I did not mean for you to wear a shoe that
didn't fit. If you are overpriced, overcome by emotions, and slow at
programming, then the statements were not insults but descriptions.

If you asked me to defend my work, I would have provided lists of the features
(like a resume) and may have even shown case studieds for illustration.

> It's not a level playing field when
> American workers have to compete with offshore workers in a completely
> different economic environment.
If the programmer is savvy he will fill the niches. We all compete (except the
lawyers) with offshore competition. Even Microsoft (remember that Linux came
from . . .offshore). Still, the balance tilts in our favor because the have
the US "brand name."

> Have you heard of tarriffs?  Do you
> think they are good for the American economy?
Can't follow you into political economic arguments on this thread. That would
turn this thread into a flame war as it has in the past. Can't US programmers
defend their prices without bringing up geopolitical economics?

> There is no "tarriff" for
> offshore workers, that's what tilts the playing field.
It may, but the tilted playing field is HERE in the US. There are many
opportunities that US programmers have that offshore programmers don't.
Support for this position can be found in the fact that the offshore
programmers are soliciting US work. When is the last time you solicited work
from . . . .India, Romania or Russia?
Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com