[ale] NVIDIA cards and drivers

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Wed May 28 00:22:57 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 23:10, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:

> Nvidia works, it's just harder to get it TO work.

Can't argue with that....

The main purpose of that exercise was to see if someone who was totally
wreckless could install the driver and still have a working xserver. The
fact of the matter is that I want one of those new ATI cards that are
faster than sh!t through a goose. You know, the one that makes the
nvidia stuff look like a model T.  Problem is there are no drivers
available in Linux that can delivery the performance you get on a
wintendo platform :(   So, I have not purchased do to this fact.

Best

M. Dickens