[ale] [OT] Rediculus Spam via ALE

Michael H. Warfield mhw at wittsend.com
Tue May 27 23:50:04 EDT 2003

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 06:43:04AM -0400, Chris Farris wrote:
> That is infact the problem. Everytime I put an email address on a
> website in about 2 weeks that address starts getting a flood of spam....
> Not much you can do about it once its out there - even if I went back
> and fixed the archives (all 6 years of them) they would still be cached
> out there, and once harvested they are traded around in the spammer
> community.

> I've given up and I'm writing a Challenge/Response Whitelist/blacklist
> system to filter email on my site. I'll let people know how that turns
> out.

	http://tmda.net

	Tagged Message Delivery Agent.

	Not bad...  Doesn't play real nice with mailing lists (but no
challenge response system does) but you use SpamAssassin to clean out
the cruft in the mailing lists and use TMDA for the personal stuff.

	Chris, I think you are already "whitelisted" in my system from
earlier messages I used to initialize the system, so you can't even
test it or notice a delay...  Others...  Might...

> chris

	Mike