[ale] OT: crazy Spam

Marvin Dickens mpdickens at tlanta.com
Tue May 27 15:18:10 EDT 2003

Today, I received some more of the crazy spam that starts out with:

> FROM THE DESK OF PETER WILLIAMS
> UNION BANK OF NIGERIA
> PHONE 234-8033448042
> FAX 234-1-7598709
>
>  ATTENTION:
>
>  DEAR,
>
>  STRICTLLY A PRIVATE BUSINESS PROPOSAL
>
>  I AMPETER WILLIAMS, THE MANAGER, BILLS AND EXCHANGE AT THE
>  FOREIGN
>  REMITTANCE DEPARTMENT OF THE UNION BANK OF NIGERA
>  PLC. I AM WRITING THIS LETTER TO ASK FOR YOUR
>  SUPPORT AND COOPERATION TO CARRY OUT THIS BUSINESS
>  OPPORTUNITY IN MY DEPARTMENT.

While examining the header of this nefarious email, I discovered that the
sender's email program was none other than MS Outlook. Now, these emails have
put me in an evil mood.... So, I wrote him a cute macro and entitled:

"My banking details"

and attached it to my response to him. Gee, I wonder what his mood was
after he opened it...?...

Best

M. Dickens