[ale] Oracle 9.2 ( 9i ) on Redhat 9 ( RH9 )

robgibson at bellsouth.net robgibson at bellsouth.net
Thu May 22 12:54:29 EDT 2003

Thanks, Chris. I will try that. I am on 2.4.20-8.

> Upgrade to the latest errata kernel (2.4.20-13.9). A security fix in older
> kernels prevents complete process information from showing up for some
> processes (they incorrectly display just the process, in an apparently
> swapped-out state, like you were seeing), and 13.9 fixes that.

True, the common advice is to not try Oracle 9i on Redhat 9. But, it is possible to muddle though with a little help from my friends.

Here is a tip to get pieces of a new glibc for Redhat 9 for Oracle 9i compatibility.
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=rw1ya.194%240n6.30513292%40newssvr15.news.prodigy.com&output=gplain

Here is another good 9i on RH9 tip.
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=wufeng+procedure+oracle+9i+redhat&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=f8afe83a.0304231328.684e5154%40posting.google.com&rnum=1