[ale] Dynamic IP and Sendmail

Bradley Leonard bradley at stygianresearch.com
Wed May 21 16:35:30 EDT 2003

Quoting linuxnews at wormfishin.com:

> I need to be able to send mail through my sendmail server, from a remote
> user with a dynamic IP.  Can I somehow assign a hostname to that machine
> and put the hostname in the relay file?  If I used dyndns could I make it
> do some kind of lookup of the IP to allow access?
>
> I tried searching the archives, but i was getting a server error, is
> everyone having this problem?

I've set up drac on my redhat server.  http://www.ls-l.net/drac/
I've done some limited testing and it seems to work pretty well.

Another option would be sendmail authentication via SSL.
http://www.opensourcedigest.org/issue2/sendmail-auth-howto.html
I haven't tried this yet, so I don't know how well it works.

Brad
--
Bradley Leonard     (bradley at stygianresearch.com)
Stygian Research    (http://stygianresearch.com)

Life is simple.  Humans make it complicated.