[ale] Opera 7.11 Linux Final is Out

Synco Gibraldter synco at xodarap.net
Wed May 21 15:38:29 EDT 2003

in the sense of pure capitalism, what you say makes perfect sense.  but
linux didn't come around off of capitalism.  it has THRIVED off of a
complete lack of capitalism.  so there's a natural boundary that's always
existed between open source software development and money.  i really like
it because it produces better software, better security, and zero cost.

selling software on this platform is counter-productive to the movement
which has carried it this far.  it can only bring in more commercial
vendors and turn this whole thing into a 'market' when it's never been (or
needed to be) like that at all.

and who would need tech support on a web browser?  if the browser is
acting weird, i want the source-- not a person.

anyway, i think this topic is winding down.  i'm about to head out for a
while.  nice discussing this with most of you (even if you still disagree
with me).

peace,
synco