[ale] Debian installation

James Sumners james at sumners.ath.cx
Tue May 20 22:28:20 EDT 2003

I am assuming that you do not mean installing Debian on to the same partitions
as Red Hat; my hurts trying to think of that resulting file system.

But anyway, Debian does not care where it is installed. The only matter is your
boot loader.

On 20 May 2003 17:36:18 -0400
Marvin Dickens <mpdickens at tlanta.com> wrote:

> Greetings Debian users on the ALE list:
>
> I've got to test a piece of sw in debian and then figure out how to make
> some .deb packages for it. Anyway, I want to install debian on a machine
> that already has RH 9.0 installed on it. Does anybody know if the debian
> installer plays nicely when debian is the last operating system that is
> installed on a machine...?...
>
> Or should I just plan on doing a manual grub installation?
>
> Best
>
> M. Dickens

All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
condition to which they are quickly addicted.

Missionara Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
CH:D 59