[ale] OT: SMTP/POP3 Password Encryption

hbbs at attbi.com hbbs at attbi.com
Tue May 20 16:16:53 EDT 2003

Evolution has a "Check for supported [authentication] types" button for both
transmit and receive.  The one for SMTP is reporting only "NT Login" and the one
for POP3 is reporting only "Password".

If I interpret this correctly, SMTP is at least being hashed somehow but POP3 is
not.  Would you agree?

- Jeff