[ale] odd error message

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Mon May 19 22:13:46 EDT 2003

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 08:20:31AM -0400, Sean Kilpatrick wrote:
[snip]
> "There was an error loading the module KMOZILLA.
> The diagnostics is:
> Library files for ".la" not found in paths"
>
> I'm guessing that ".la" is shorthand for "Mozilla."

.la files are created and installed by libtool.  They are ordinary text
files that contain version information and also tell libtool how to
uninstall the library.  There should be a corresponding .a and/or .so
for each .la file, as the .la is worthless on its own.

It's possible that the mozilla installer left some .la files in its
library path, and is confused by them.  Did you install from source?

Jason

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9