[ale] Hacking old directtv stuff

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Mon May 19 15:29:59 EDT 2003

On 19 May 2003, Marvin Dickens wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-05-19 at 14:49, tfreeman at intel.digichem.net wrote:
> > About 6 months ago, there was a spat of interest in trying to hack the
> > directtv routers. Did anyone manage to do so? (I mean other than as a
> > paperweight dust collector - I did that all by myself, and it isn't worth
> > the effort. 8-()
>
> Who made the router? what model is it (Not the directtv model number,
> but the original mfg model number).

I peeled back all of the Directv stickers on the case, and the only other
corporate name was Telocity (Telocity Model: 10-X101)

Just in case it helps - in addition to the phone port, this box has two
parallel ports (printer & computer), a terminal/serial port, 10baseT
ethernet, two USB device ports, and a USB port to connect to the computer.
(Is that A & B USB connections? Something like that)

There is a sticker on the bottom with the Telocity model information which
I am not currently able to get a fingernail under. Concievably there could
be further markings under there, but I somewhat doubt it.

Hope this helps