Related Q, Re: [ale] Favorite Linux GUI for a laptop.

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Mon May 19 10:04:47 EDT 2003

On Sunday 18 May 2003 05:57 pm, John Mills wrote:

> 2) What other window-manager/desktop combinations ought I consider for
> this not-quite-fireball? (No, not MsWin-3.1, thanks.)

when I used it I kinda liked flwm.  It is a little idiosyncratic, but very
targeted to saving space:
  1. No config file.  YOu sec that parameters in the .h file and recompile.
So non of the config parsing and parameter setting code is needed.

  2. Title bars are on the left *side* of the window written sideways.
This allows for maximal useful vertical space in a window.  This is
exspecially nice on small screens.

and it is lightning fast.

Michael