[ale] New user from Marietta

Bruce Griffis griffisb at bellsouth.net
Fri May 16 12:50:48 EDT 2003

I just found your site and started poking around a little bit. Looks like a
lot of great information! I'm new to Linux, installed Mandrake 9.1 and have
been getting a little more familiar with it over the last few weeks.

Decided to concentrate on setting up open source games for my 7 year old son
to try out. He made the switch from WinME to Mandrake 9.1 extremely quickly!
Have tried to mess with Wine (installed from RPM, then built from CVS to keep
current). Am now weighing pros and cons of simply booting to Windows to run
Win apps, and booting to Linux to run Linux apps.

Other than that (and NVidia drivers) - having fun learning new things.
Bruce

--
Hmmmmm, reading the manual really DOES help!
Now to work on the understanding the manual part.