[ale] Thanks - and another Bash script question

Bob Kruger bkruger at mindspring.com
Thu May 15 11:27:37 EDT 2003

My thanks to all who assisted.  I should have been more specific - I did have access to some of the basic Unix commands.  The solutions provided were adequate.

I have one more question concerning arrays.  I know that if I do the following:

cn=(This is a test)

then $cn[1] = "This" , $cn[2] = "is", etc...
And to see them I would "echo {$cn[1]}"

If I have a line with comma based delimiters, how would I read that into an array, e.g.

ct={This,is,a,test)

and have $ct[1] = "This" , $ct[2] = "is" , etc?

Again, thanks in advance for any help.

Regards - Bob Kruger