[ale] Ale Netiquette...

William Bagwell rb211 at nelson.tds.net
Thu May 15 09:09:43 EDT 2003

On Thursday 15 May 2003 07:37 am, John Wells wrote:
>snips
>...there will often be a number of replies that follow
> generally accepted protocol (i.e., "RE: [ale] OT: group outing to
> conference X?") and maintain the thread, and then 10 posts in someone
> will reply with "[ale] Conference X", even though their message is in
> no way divergent from the original thread.

Yes, except the "OT" should be alone, or better yet, in square
brackets, [OT] never with a colon, OT:  Probably does not matter on
this list, as our mail programs are not brain dead.  Plus, having a
list name "[ale]" in front helps, but out in the real world, some
versions of Lookout Express removes tags with a colon, and replaces
them with RE:

Not that big of deal, just good habit to acquire.
--
William