[ale] Ms -> Linux porting pointer sought

Transam bob at verysecurelinux.com
Wed May 14 21:58:29 EDT 2003

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 07:13:50PM -0400, John Mills wrote:
> ALErs -

> Anyone know of a FAQ or crypto-FAQ on this, covering things like
> equivalent types, etc? I'm making up an environment-sensing include file
> to define handy symbols having different but equivalent meaning in the
> worlds of MsVS/VC++ and GNU/Linux.

Try the books:

     Integrating Linux and Windows
     Linux for Windows Administrators

If you want to specifically #ifdef code in an include file, have a look
at some of the defined symbols in each environment and use one.  If
you are running "make" on Windows, test for the existence of files
unique to one environment.  I've done a lot of this for programs designed
to run under multiple Linux/UNIX environments.

> TIA.
>  John Mills
>  john.m.mills at alum.mit.edu

Bob Toxen