[ale] linux certification

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Wed May 14 18:43:11 EDT 2003

Well, I've had a pretty mixed Linux cert. experience.  I fell for the
Linuxgruven scam when I moved to Atlanta (shame on me; but I was just
out of Florida State Univ. and wanted a job!  Paid $2500 and got a
certification that is now pretty much worthless.  We used the Sair / GNU
Linux books (I still have them; and I'll probably go for that cert
again).  It's pretty balanced (no particular distro bias / standard
bias).  I haven't seen the LPI materials, so I can't really comment on
them.  I'd warn you about Linuxgruven, but they've gone under and I'm
still involved with a class action suit against them to get my money
back from the owners (Matt Hibbits); since it was basically just a
pyramid scheme.

Anyway, those are my .03 cents on the Linux Cert thing....

-CB